In this article, I would like to discuss about the basic concepts & optimisation strategies of "Search Campaign Management". Day to Day activities on AdWords Search Campaign Management.
Day 1:
1) Successful AdWords Search Campaign launch.
Day 2:
1) Monitor the campaign performance.
2) Look out for the following warning messages in AdWords interface if any.
Day 1:
1) Successful AdWords Search Campaign launch.
Day 2:
1) Monitor the campaign performance.
2) Look out for the following warning messages in AdWords interface if any.
- Disapproved ads
- Disapproved keywords
- Keywords below first page bid.
- Conflicting negative keywords
- Low Search Volume
Note: Just make sure that the keywords are not Low search volume simply due to misspellings or wrong word order.
3) Make sure Google Analytic started tracking.
4) Make sure your Search ads are displaying in Google for all the keywords. Run "Keyword Diagnosis" report.
"Patience is the most important in initial stage of campaign. I would recommend not to do any major changes during this time"
Day 3:
1) Observe the campaign performance.
2) Run "Search Query Report" in AdWords interface as well in Google Analytic to see the irrelevant paid & organic search terms which lead a user to the site and add them appropriately.
"I would prefer one word terms as negatives. If more than one word use "Phrase" or "Exact" respectively"
Day 4:
1) Repeat "Day 3" process.
2) Check whether your daily budget has been met all the three days before the day got end up.
I) If the daily budget exhausted before the day: Consider lowering your bids either for all keywords or high spending keywords.
II) If the daily budget not spending:
- Review your keyword list and bidding.
- Make sure that your keywords aren't "Below First Page bid" or Avg. Position is more than 3. If Position is higher than 3, consider increasing keyword bids by 20%.
"There is no bid cap on increasing the bid but as a best practice I would recommend 20%"
Day 5:
1) Repeat "Day 3" process.
Day 6:
1) Repeat "Day 4" until the ads are displaying throughout the day with the proper utilisation of the daily budget.
"I would recommend observe the campaign and not to do any drastic changes during 1st week"
Next week, I ll be explaining the 2nd week day to day activities and optimization strategies. Stay connected...
It was very useful.
ReplyDelete